SPRAY TAN FAQS & TIPS
- No. You should use a moisturizer regularly to keep your skin hydrated and healthy, which will contribute to a more even, natural looking sunless tan. However, it is recommended NOT to apply moisturizers 2 hours prior to self-tanning and 4 to 6 hours after.
- It is important to keep skin moisturized after your Sunless session as dry, flaky skin will slough off faster and color will fade sooner. Sunless tan-extending products with a light self-tanning bronzer helps hydrate skin and maintain even, natural looking color longer by providing subtle bronzers. For best results use the Catwalk Daily Restoring Moisturizer to nourish your skin and extend your tan.
- It is best to wait at least 24 hours after your Sunless session before partaking in any strenuous activities that may cause perspiration. This will give the DHA time to fully react with skin proteins as well as prevent streaking that could result from excessive perspiration.
- The longevity of a Sunless tan depends on the skin’s natural exfoliation process, and on the skin regimen followed before and after application. On average, a sunless tan will last 4-7 days to as much as 10 days. The faster your skin regenerates, the faster the sunless tan will fade.
- No, for best results, it is recommended NOT to spray with sunless more than 3 times in a 2 week period. By limiting your sunless sprays to no more than 3 in a 2 week period, this gives your skin a chance to complete a cycle of natural exfoliation. This will also avoid build up and work to eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear.
- When used in combination with the Sunstyle sunless booth, tanners will receive a dry pass for every spray pass, upon stepping out of the booth; your skin should feel dry almost immediately. In a handheld application, the drying time is still very short, approximately 3-5 minutes. Your airbrush attendant can decrease this time by removing the hose and blow drying the skin.
- Some of the bronze “cosmetic tint” color may rub off. This is most likely to happen when you get dressed immediately after tanning. To minimize the chance of the tint transferring to clothing, we recommend that you wear loose-fitting, darker clothes after your Sunless session. The Cosmetic tint is water-soluble. Therefore, in most cases, the color will come out of clothing in the wash.
- Although you may feel and look like you a real tan, a sunless tan is only the temporary appearance of a tan, it is cosmetic and therefore provides your skin with no real sunburn protection. It is absolutely necessary you wear a sunscreen when outdoors to protect your skin from burning.
- For best results; avoid these situations for the first 48 hours following your spray tan. Pools and spas can increase the rate in which the skin exfoliates causing the tan to wear and fade rapidly.
- The sunless spray is water soluble, the sunless solution will not damage or color your hair however the session can leave your hair feeling damp or wet if you do not wear the recommended hair cap.
- No! The Sunstyle Catwalk line of solutions and sunless products are formulated to work with all skin types achieving that ultimate sun kissed glow. Increased PH levels in the skin can sometimes contribute to a non-natural looking sunless color. To prevent this from occurring, avoid using highly acidic or fragranced shower products as these can alter the overall pH of the skin. To prepare your skins pH, Sunstyle recommends using the Catwalk Prep Spray and or the Catwalk Sunless Intensifier prior to your sunless session.
- Primarily used as the main active ingredient in sunless tanning products, DHA is often derived from plant sources such as sugar beets and sugar cane, and by the fermentation of glycerin. DHA interacts with the amino acids in the outermost layer of your skin to give your skin a natural looking glow.
PERSONAL CARE TIPS FOR YOUR SUNLESS SPRAY TAN
- Exfoliate: begin by thoroughly exfoliating your body with the Catwalk Exfoliating Scrub, focusing on areas of the skin prone to dry skin like the knees and elbows.
- Avoid using highly acidic or fragranced shower products as these can alter the over all pH of the body. For best results us the pH balancing Catwalk Daily Cleansing Wash 24-48 hours prior to your sunless session.
- Always shave or wax at least 24 hours before your sunless appointment.
- Avoid the use of oily creams or lotions that would act as a barrier to your spray tan.
- Remove all makeup prior to sunless appointment.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing and remove all jewelry. Tight or lightly colored clothing may cause bronzers to wear unevenly.
- Apply Catwalk Sunless Intensifier over the entire body immediately before your sunless session and allow to dry completely. Proper skin preparation with Catwalk pH balancing products is essential to ensure the most natural color development of your sunless spray tan.
- For optimal results it is recommended to avoid showering up to 24 hours after your spray tan application, waiting a minimum of 6-8 hours before water or perspiration encounter the skin.
- NOTE: Cosmetic instant bronzers will wash away during the first shower after your sunless session, be aware that the chlorine in pools and spas may also affect proper color development.
- Balanced and moisturized skin is the perfect combination to achieve maximum tan longevity. For best results use the Catwalk Daily Restoring Moisturizer to nourish your skin and extend your tan.
- Touch up your sunless spray tan and increase the life of your color by using Catwalk Sunless Bronzing Spray, perfect for maintaining a beautiful gold glow between sessions.
WHY CHOOSE CATWALK SUNLESS SOLUTION?
- All natural tan enhancing ingredient extracted from kapi kacchu seeds.
- Stimulates the production of melanin to achieve deeper and more long lasting sunless color.
- Leaves the skin with a natural looking sun kissed golden glow.
- Mimics a natural tan, color wears gradually without splotching and flaking.
- Contains anti-aging properties to firm and tone while conditioning the skin.
- Formulated with Vitamins A & E along with potent antioxidants.
- Infused with Ultra-Pure DHA.
- Paraben, Gluten and Sulfate Free.
- 100% Cruelty Free, Catwalk is NEVER tested on animals.